Adopt South West is hosted by Devon County Council and is a Regional Adoption Agency providing adoption services for the four local authorities: Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay councils, with offices across the region.
If you’re looking for a new, exciting challenge and to further your experience and operational skills, Devon County Council offers a vibrant workplace and attractive benefits.
Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer. In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
- 25 days annual leave per year, pro rata (rising with length of service), plus bank holidays, rising to 30 after five years’ service
- membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
- flexible working opportunities, including home-working (subject to the needs of the role)
- discounts from local and high street retailers through our Devon Discounts scheme
Current job opportunities
Are you an excellent communicator, who is assertive and confident? Do you keep accurate records? Are you great with people?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Regional Adoption Agency, Adopt South West in the role of Family Practitioner. You will be based in the Somerset area joining a team of Family Practitioners within the Adoption Support area of service. Your key role will be to support children and adopters, concentrating on attachment based working models. You will also be expected to contribute towards assessments; support the identification of appropriate plans to meet assessed needs and outcomes. This will require a level of autonomy and a basic understanding of the adoption and legal process.
Family Practitioners have a crucial role in establishing and maintaining high quality relationships with service users across the region. You will be expected to establish and maintain a network of contacts across the region and within Local Authorities and to attend and participate in meetings as appropriate, including statutory reviews.
- £24,432 – £27,514
- Fixed term
- Part time hours 18.5
- Closing date Saturday 28 May 2022
Find out more and apply
If this Somerset opportunity interests you, then please apply via Devon Jobs and see full details of the role.
Are you looking for a role where you make a difference to the lives of children and families? Are you looking to be part of a flexible and supportive team? Do you have a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards learning, and are proactive and willing to help and support others? Are you looking to work in an organisation where you are valued, and provided with an attractive benefits package? If the answer is yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are currently looking for a Panel Administrator to join our administrative team working in Adopt South West.
Full time position (37 hrs)
Grade D, £20,444 – £22,571 per annum
Closing date: Sunday 22 May 2022
Opportunities to work flexibly
Why work for Devon County Council:
- Good pay rates
- Flexible working hours, and agile working locations
- Excellent health and wellbeing culture
- Local Government Pension Scheme membership
- Access to employee discount scheme: ‘Devon Discounts’ – Accommodation, Food and Drink, Leisure and Transport, and more!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Excellent ongoing internal learning, development and training opportunities
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – rising to 30 days after five years’ service (pro rata)
- Employee Assistance Programme
Find out more and apply
If this exciting opportunity to join a fun, vibrant, and dynamic team interests you, then please apply via Devon Jobs and see full details of the role.
Help us improveDon’t include personal information.
"*" indicates required fields