Our Therapeutic Parenting online evening course is now fully booked.
Please keep checking our Adopt South West website events for future Therapeutic Parenting Courses, and our future newsletters to adoptive families.
For further information, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now for the eight-week therapeutic parenting course facilitated by Cat Gifford HCPC Registered Social Worker, held online via Zoom. A session will be dedicated to thinking about how to have life story conversations with your child.
Spaces are limited, if the course becomes fully booked you will be added to the waiting list for the next course, dates to be confirmed.
This course will start on Thursday 25 January to Thursday 21 March 2024. Each session will run for two hours, 7:30pm to 9:30pm
|15/02/2024 Half – term|
The aims are to:
- To help adoptive parents understand how early trauma and disrupted attachments affects the child’s developmental process.
- To help adoptive parents reflect on how the child’s early history is enacted in the here and now and to increase their understanding of the meaning behind behaviours.
- To enable adoptive parents to implement a therapeutic parenting approach to improve attunement and attachment.
- To reflect on the child’s specific attachment difficulties how what this means for their parenting and their family life in general.
- To enable parents to build confidence in using PACE by creating opportunities to practice therapeutic parenting in a supportive group environment.
- To enable adoptive parents to reflect on their own attachment histories and how these impact on their parenting.
- To promote self-care and self-reflection for parents.
Funding for Therapeutic Parenting courses can be applied for via the Adoption Support Fund, subject to eligibility.
For more information and to reserve a place, please email us: email@example.com
Please include your children’s names, their date of birth, the named social worker, telephone number and confirmation of your email address.