Thank you for your interest. This popular course is now fully booked.
This model of therapeutic parenting is well established and we always receive fantastic feedback from parents.
The course uses the Nurturing Attachments Model of Therapeutic Parenting (Kim Golding). You will refresh your knowledge of Attachment Theory, Polyvagal Theory, and Complex Trauma and learn more about PACE (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity, Empathy). We use breakout rooms to provide opportunities to meet other parents and practice being PACE-y using case studies.
The course is divided into three modules, with module one helping parents to develop their understanding of attachment as well as their child’s behaviour and their own. Module 2, focuses on the importance of creating a safe base for children, with module three focusing on parenting with PACE and how to respond to behaviours as a therapeutic parent.
We are very excited to announce a 12-week therapeutic parenting course facilitated by Jane Bowen, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapist and certified Theraplay Therapist. It will be held online as a virtual course.
This course will start on Thursday 16 November 2023 to Thursday 22 February 2024. Each session will run for two and a half hours, 7pm to 9:30pm.
|Session 1||Week 1 of 12||Thursday 16 November 2023||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 2||Week 2 of 12||Thursday 23 November||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 3||Week 3 of 12||Thursday 30 November||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 4||Week 4 of 12||Thursday 7 December||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 5||Week 5 of 12||Thursday 14 December||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 6||Week 6 of 12||Thursday 11 January 2024||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 7||Week 7 of 12||Thursday 18 January||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 8||Week 8 of 12||Thursday 25 January||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 9||Week 9 of 12||Thursday 1 February||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 10||Week 10 of 12||Thursday 8 February||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 11||Week 11 of 12||Thursday 15 February||7pm to 9.30pm|
|Session 12||Week 12 of 12||Thursday 22 February||7pm to 9.30pm|
The aims are to:
- To help adoptive parents understand how early trauma and disrupted attachments affect the child’s developmental process.
- To help adoptive parents reflect on how the child’s early history is enacted in the here and now and to increase their understanding of the meaning behind behaviours.
- To enable adoptive parents to implement a therapeutic parenting approach to improve attunement and attachment.
- To reflect on the child’s specific attachment difficulties and what this means for their parenting and their family life in general.
- To enable parents to build confidence in using PACE by creating opportunities to practice therapeutic parenting in a supportive group environment.
- To enable adoptive parents to reflect on their own attachment histories and how these impact their own parenting.
- To promote self-care and self-reflection for parents.
Funding for Therapeutic Parenting courses can be applied for via the Adoption Support Fund, subject to eligibility.
For more information and in order to reserve a place, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your children’s names, their date of birth, the named social worker, telephone number and confirmation of your email address.