Date and Time
Date(s) - 28/09/2021 - 31/03/2022
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This course is now FULLY BOOKED. For future courses please email us: email@example.com
This model of therapeutic parenting is well established and we always receive fantastic feedback from parents.
The course is divided into three modules, with module one helping parents to develop their understanding of attachment as well as their child’s behaviour and their own. Module 2, focuses on the importance of creating a safe base for children, with module three focusing on parenting with PACE and how to respond to behaviours as a therapeutic parent.
We are very excited to announce an 15-week therapeutic parenting course facilitated by Cas Schneider registered Clinical Psychologist, family therapist and Dyadic Developmental Practice (DDP) certified Therapist. It will be held in person, face-to-face in Exeter.
This course will start in September and will run until March. Each session will run for three hours, on Tuesdays 10.00am – 1.00pm.
- Tuesday 28 September
- Tuesday 5 October
- Tuesday 12 October
- Tuesday 19 October
- Tuesday 2 November
- Tuesday 9 November
- Tuesday 16 November
- Tuesday 30 November
- Tuesday 7 December
- Tuesday 14 December
- until March 2022
Cas Schneider will confirm dates for 2022 closer to the end of this year.
The aims are to:
- To help adoptive parents understand how early trauma and disrupted attachments affects the child’s developmental process.
- To help adoptive parents reflect on how the child’s early history is enacted in the here and now and to increase their understanding of the meaning behind behaviours.
- To enable adoptive parents to implement a therapeutic parenting approach to improve attunement and attachment.
- To reflect on the child’s specific attachment difficulties how what this means for their parenting and their family life in general.
- To enable parents to build confidence in using PACE by creating opportunities to practice therapeutic parenting in a supportive group environment.
- To enable adoptive parents to reflect on their own attachment histories and how these impact on their own parenting.
- To promote self-care and self-reflection for parents.
Funding for Therapeutic Parenting courses can be applied for via the Adoption Support Fund, subject to eligibility.
For more information and in order to reserve a place, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your children’s names, their date of birth, the named social worker, telephone number and confirmation of your email address.