Date and Time
Date(s) - 03/05/2021 - 31/05/2021
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
We are very excited to announce an eight-week evening therapeutic parenting course which will be facilitated by Jane Bowen, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapist and certified Theraplay Therapist.
This will start in May 2021, from 7.00pm – 9.30pm and will include two individual consultations at the beginning and the end of the course for each participant. The aims are to:
- To help adoptive parents understand how early trauma and disrupted attachments affects the child’s developmental process.
- To help adoptive parents reflect on how the child’s early history is enacted in the here and now and to increase their understanding of the meaning behind behaviours.
- To enable adoptive parents to implement a therapeutic parenting approach to improve attunement and attachment.
- To reflect on the child’s specific attachment difficulties how what this means for their parenting and their family life in general.
- To enable parents to build confidence in using PACE by creating opportunities to practice therapeutic parenting in a supportive group environment.
- To enable adoptive parents to reflect on their own attachment histories and how these impact on their own parenting.
- To promote self-care and self-reflection for parents.
Funding for Therapeutic Parenting courses can be applied for via the Adoption Support Fund, subject to eligibility.
For more information and in order to reserve a place, please email us: email@example.com
Please include your children’s names, their date of birth, the named social worker, telephone number and confirmation of your email address.