Date and Time
Date(s) - 23/09/2021 - 18/11/2021
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
This course is now FULLY BOOKED. For future courses please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This model of therapeutic parenting is well established and we always receive fantastic feedback from parents.
The course is divided into three modules, with module one helping parents to develop their understanding of attachment as well as their child’s behaviour and their own. Module 2, focuses on the importance of creating a safe base for children, with module three focusing on parenting with PACE and how to respond to behaviours as a therapeutic parent.
We are very excited to announce an eight-week evening therapeutic parenting course which will be facilitated by Jane Bowen, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapist and certified Theraplay Therapist. This will start in September 2021, from 7.00pm – 9.30pm and will include two individual consultations at the beginning and the end of the course for each participant.
- Thursday 23 September
- Thursday 30 September
- Thursday 7 October
- Thursday 14 October
- Thursday 21 October
- (Thursday 28 October – break for half term; no session)
- Thursday 4 November
- Thursday 11 November
- Thursday 18 November
The aims are to:
- To help adoptive parents understand how early trauma and disrupted attachments affects the child’s developmental process.
- To help adoptive parents reflect on how the child’s early history is enacted in the here and now and to increase their understanding of the meaning behind behaviours.
- To enable adoptive parents to implement a therapeutic parenting approach to improve attunement and attachment.
- To reflect on the child’s specific attachment difficulties how what this means for their parenting and their family life in general.
- To enable parents to build confidence in using PACE by creating opportunities to practice therapeutic parenting in a supportive group environment.
- To enable adoptive parents to reflect on their own attachment histories and how these impact on their own parenting.
- To promote self-care and self-reflection for parents.
Funding for Therapeutic Parenting courses can be applied for via the Adoption Support Fund, subject to eligibility.
For more information and in order to reserve a place, please email us: email@example.com
Please include your children’s names, their date of birth, the named social worker, telephone number and confirmation of your email address.