Non-Violent Resistance, From Hostility to Harmony – changing a child’s challenging behaviour
Eight week online course via Zoom
Non-Violent Resistance (NVR) is a simple and empowering method for families to connect with children of any age and to reduce or eradicate challenging behaviour. Lasting change can happen in just a few months for those who diligently apply the principles,
Gill Tree, NVR Trainer and Mentor, will be running a virtual course NVR, From Hostility to Harmony, from Wednesday 14 September to Wednesday 9 November, breaking for half-term on Wednesday 26 October.
The unique programme, NVR combined with neuro linguistic programming, and stress management, will to teach you to:
- De-escalate conflict during emotionally charged incidents
- Prioritise problematic behaviours with a view to changing them
- Break the ‘seal of silence’, overcome your isolation and develop support networks within your community
- Raise your authority through organised protests
- Repair your relationship through reconciliation gestures, repair and relationship based play
- Desist in engaging with the behaviour, to disrupt the learnt and patterned negative behaviour of your child
- Ensure extreme self-care, practice self -regulation and meet your own needs
- Develop reflective forms of communication and non-verbal communication
- Apply the NVR approach to discipline and natural consequences
- Apply NVR principles in a trauma informed manner
The course will consist of eight two-hour group sessions and four one-hour individual sessions, plus access to the e-course.
10am to 12pm (midday) on Wednesday mornings, starting Wednesday 14 September
|Wed 14 Sept||10.00am – 12.00pm|
|Wed 21 Sept||10.00am – 12.00pm|
|Wed 28 Sept||10.00am – 12.00pm|
|Wed 5 Oct||10.00am – 12.00pm|
|Wed 12 Oct||10.00am – 12.00pm|
|Wed 19 Oct||10.00am – 12.00pm|
|Half Term||10.00am – 12.00pm|
|Wed 2 Nov||10.00am – 12.00pm|
|Wed 9 Nov||10.00am – 12.00pm|
The course will be paid for by the Adoption Support Fund, and the cost will be deducted out of your child’s Annual Fair Access Limit.
To register your interest, please email us: email@example.com
Please include your children’s names, their date of birth, the named social worker, telephone number and confirmation of your email address.